RCNP Visiting Senior Research Position (COE professor)
RCNP (Research Center for Nuclear Physics), Osaka University
- RCNP (Research Center for Nuclear Physics), Osaka University now calls visiting senior researchers at Professor and Associate Professor levels in experimental and theoretical nuclear physics.
The budgetary situation on the COE program is not certain at this moment, and hence we do not expect the number of the positions to be as large as those in the previous years.
- RCNP, Osaka University is the national research center for nuclear physics. The research programs include the nuclear physics using the Ring Cyclotron facilities (0.4 GeV polarized protons, K=0.4 GeV
light ion beams), the hadron physics using multi-GeV polarized photons by laser-electron photons at SPring-8 (LEPS) and low background experiments at the underground laboratory (Ohto-Cosmo Observatory).
- RCNP has also the activities in the accelerator research and development.
- The theoretical research programs include the nuclear physics and hadron physics, which have close connections to the experimental programs. A supercomputer of 256 Gflopps (SX5) is available for a
- The period of the appointment should be longer than three months and shorter than one year. The starting month is between July of 2002 and March of 2003. Applicants should have permanent positions.
The monthly salary is to be around 500,000 Yen to 700,000 Yen (120 Yen is about 1US$), depending on his/her career. Travel expenses will be provided for two ways in economy class.An application form and a letter of recommendation should be sent to RCNP (E-mail is most preferred) no later than 27th of December, 2001.
- 1. Deadline is December 27, 2001.
- 2. Documents (Curriculum Vitae, Publication List)
- 3. Application form:
- (1) Name: (Family Name, Given Name, Middle Name)
- (2) Date of Birth: (Day / Month / Year)
- (3) E-mail address:
- (4) Research field: Experiment/Theory/Accelerator
- (5) Title of your research:
- (6) Period of Your Stay in RCNP: (Invitation will begin between July of 2002 and March of 2003 for more than 3 months and less than 1 year.)
- (7) Contact person at RCNP:
- 4. Send to (E-mail is most preferred)
- Director Prof. Hiroshi Toki
- Research Center for Nuclear Physics (RCNP), Osaka University
- 10-1 Mihogaoka, Ibaraki, Osaka 567-0047, Japan
- Tel: +81-6-6879-8900, Fax: +81-6-6879-8899
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 5. Information : http://www.rcnp.osaka-u.ac.jp/index-e.html